We are looking for a motivated sales representative who possess residential in home sales experience as well as some basic technical / HVAC knowledge (preferred but not mandatory) to drive success offering solar electric and solar hot water systems.
This post refers to Kingston in NY, USA, NOT Kingston in Jamaica.
We are looking for a motivated sales representative who possess residential in home sales experience as well as some basic technical /HVAC knowledge (preferred but not mandatory) to drive success offering solar electric and solar hot water systems. Preferred experience and existing network preferred. This position requires an independent, self-motivated, energetic, detail minded individual with good analytical skills.
Outside Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Generate customer leads to develop new accounts through prospecting, networking, cold calling, referrals and demonstrations.
- Develop marketing or strategic plans for sales territories.
- Gather information from prospective customers to identify their solar energy needs.
- Prepare proposals, quotes, contracts, or presentations for potential solar customers.
- Work with manager on continued development and training.
- Meet set metrics / quotas.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required:
- Minimum of 3 years field sales experience (preferred)
- Book of business with contacts (preferred but not required)
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and work ethic.
- Proven success in prospecting and developing a territory.
- Experience working closely with prospective clients to understand their business objectives.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet customer needs.
- Ability to manage accounts and or territory.
- Ability to work on a team, as well as independently.
- Ability to understand and communicate basic financing with customers.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and related software (Word, Excel, etc.), including utilizing customer relationship management system (CRM).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong problem solving skills. Ability to analyze and interpret basic sales reports.
- Proven track record demonstrating ability to consistently achieve and exceed goals.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage high volume workflow.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record.
Job Type: Full-time
Sales: 2+ years (Preferred)
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
License: Driver’s License(Required)