Business Development Associate – Technology
Are you passionate about creating innovation you can see and touch? Software is fun, but seeing your technical ingenuity become reality on installations around the world can be one of the most rewarding experiences in a job.
Intelligent Green Solutions, a rapidly growing, privately held, middle-market renewable energy start-up in New York is looking for ways to expand and transform their existing renewable and building efficiency technology offerings.
What to expect:
The Technology Business Development Associate will collaborate directly with the CEO and management team on technology gaps or opportunities existing within specific target markets. He or she will interact with vendors, and industrial partners worldwide to development and coordinate ways to integrate technical product innovations into the organization.
The core responsibility of this position is to seek out businesses and collaborative opportunities across the United States while liaising with the public and private sectors. The process will include researching state and federal energy programs, grants and partnerships, determining suitability, financial impact, forecasting and analysis, and establishing the framework for eligibility and implementation. This is an opportunity to submit your project ideas directly to the CEO and be able to run with it from start to finish. Bonus potential is directly correlated to the number of projects completed and value added to the firm’s bottom line.
Who you are:
The ideal Associate has strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to work independently. Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a leading university, with a degree preferred in engineering, accounting or finance, and exhibit a superior level of computer literacy. Knowledge of renewable energy technologies markets and related regulatory issues is a plus. You must be capable of multitasking as there will be numerous projects occurring simultaneously across the contiguous US. You will work closely with the various global internal teams including the C-Suite, finance, accounting and operations while being principally based in midtown Manhattan.
Where we are going:
IGS continues to explore the growing markets of solar and related energy efficient technologies. Through our team’s innovative project financing solutions, Intelligent Green Solutions will continue to deploy distributed energy solutions in the United States and international markets.
Join our newly opened office at 28th and Madison in Manhattan, NY.
- Curate and participate in company research and development projects, grant programs, and technology patents
- Take new business opportunities through the development pipeline from identification to submission
- Focus on overall planning, writing select proposal/pre-proposal pieces, and coordinating the internal team and partner inputs for bid efforts, as well as assist in broader bid preparation and production aspects
- Work closely with capture managers to successfully manage proposal efforts and resources, including timeline and action planning, identification of needed proposal team members, internal/external meeting support, efficient communications, and organization of proposal component folders/files
- Facilitate evolution and documentation of proposal strategy, such as competitive analysis, developing win themes and technical approach, envisioning needed personnel, and selecting team partners
- Oversee or support final technical and cost proposal production and submission, and coordinate post-submission debriefs
- Experience/understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis
- 4-year degree in technical field from a leading university with a degree in (engineering, engineering management, operations research, information engineering)
- 2+ years’ experience (product development, product management, or other creative engineering position)
- Passion for renewable energy & product innovation.
- Proven ability to successfully manage the full proposal development process
- Demonstrated organizational and writing skills and attention to detail are essential
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines, with multiple/simultaneous bid efforts, and across time-zone challenges
- Competitive salary package: $68,000 base (Estimated 12 month $120-$140K)
- Profit sharing options
- 401K, Health care
- Transportation & gym stipend
- Company phone & laptop
- Coffee & beer in office
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $68,000.00 /year
- Engineering: 1 year