Intelligent Green Solutions (IGS), is an energy solutions provider headquartered in Ithaca, NY. Since 2011, IGS has offered renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions to military, commercial and agricultural customers across the world. With over 1,000 renewable energy installations, our organization offers a long term solution for customers seeking to reduce their energy footprint.
Job Title: Roofing Mechanic/Team Leader Department: Installation Reports to: Project Manager Work Hours: 7:00am – 4:00pm, Monday through Friday, some evenings and weekends Pay Scale: $14.00 – $30.00 per hour + Benefits*
*Varies with experience and qualifications below.
Position Summary: To install hot water, heating and air conditioning systems to company standards providing the customer with a high quality experience. May be responsible for supervising the work of other installers to maintain the highest quality and timely job performance.
Job Duties and Requirements:
- Must have experience with roofing (1-2 years)
- Must have general construction experience (residential / commercial)
- Employees must be able to work in a non-climate controlled environment.
- Employees must be able to wear required PPE including Gloves, Aprons, and Steel Toed Boots.
- Employees must have general knowledge of basic tools.
- Employees must have basic math skills and be able to read a tape measure.
- Employees must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Employees must have reliable transportation.
- Prefered if candidate’s vehicle is a truck for transporting equipment / tools to job site (cargo van / short bed, pickup, etc).
*Note: time will vary depending on specific job scope Travel Radius: Position will be traveling to job sites 4-5 days a week, in a radius of 0-60 miles. Drug Screen Required Must be 18 years or older Valid ID required to complete Federal I-9 process Equal Opportunity Employer Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
- Roofing and or general construction: 1 year