The Vice President of Strategic Investments plans and directs all aspects of achieving growth through strategic investments and business development initiatives, including acquisitions, joint ventures, business consulting and divestitures on behalf of IGS and its family of companies.
VP of Strategic Investments
The Vice President of Strategic Investments plans and directs all aspects of achieving growth through strategic investments and business development initiatives, including acquisitions, joint ventures, business consulting and divestitures on behalf of IGS and its family of companies. The VP partners with the CEO and other members of the executive team to identify and evaluate new areas of growth, pro-actively prioritize, select and develop M&A opportunities, including strategic partnerships. Owns all aspects of the transaction lifecycle including sourcing, execution of deals and development of a post-merger integration/management plan. Engages and maintains business relationships with broader business leaders, private equity firms and investment bankers to keep abreast of the industry and enable sourcing activities.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan and develop capital raises and capital strategy for both operating capital and M & A investment opportunities.
- Work closely with the CEO and management team to develop plans for inorganic strategic growth and assess business development opportunities which align with our company portfolio strategy
- Partner closely with the executive team to implement the strategy business development plan and leads development of supporting strategies as required
- Leads business development activities to source, approach and qualify potential target companies
- Own all aspects of acquisitions, including sourcing, qualification, initial rational/pitch, financial modeling, due diligence, closing and integration activities
- Develops and negotiates term sheets and definitive agreements, working closely with Legal and Finance to structure and execute transactions
- Develops and monitors business performance metrics post-transaction
- Partner with leadership on long-term capital strategy for the company
- Structure the financial positioning for the potential acquisitions and or disposals, including development of business performance metrics
- Maintains strategic relationships with private equity firms and investment bankers to build pipeline and as input to analysis of trends, including competitive, economic, market and regulatory/compliance and provides intelligences to the Enterprise
- Manages a cross disciplinary team engaged in multiple strategic transactions and investment projects at differing stages in the deal lifecycle at the same time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Business or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years’ related work experience, to include experience within the Healthcare industry
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to build and grow connections with people of all types and backgrounds.
- Strong work experience in overseeing strategic partnerships and client development, including identifying partners, structuring deal terms, contract negotiation, technical integration and relationship management
- Ability to evaluate potential new markets and companies, including market sizing, competitive assessments and entry strategies
- Strong work experience and knowledge in analytical skills, financial modeling and business valuation
- Excellent communication, presentation and business development skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to keep multiple projects and client engagements active at once
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty
Candidate will have flexible home office and not required to be in office.
Compensation package will include a combination of equity, success fee, and portfolio performance bonuses.
Job Type: Full-time / Part-time